Sunday, September 18, 2011

Week Three: Speaking in Possibility


My mantra has been:"Believe in the Possibilities". I like to think of myself as an optimist, I like to believe that I see the glass as half full. Yet, I often get stuck behind the "wall." Lately, it seems that I am having trouble communicating with the most important people in my life, my family. I try to engage them in conversation, try to ask the right questions, yet it often appears as if I am speaking a completely different language. When this happens I begin to spiral downwards, and negitive self-talk begins in my brain. I have spent years studying about positive affirmations and creating the life you want, yet I sometimes find myself stuck in the mud. After reading this chapter, I guess I am not really stuck in the mud, I am where I am suppose to be and it is from here that I must take off and soar like an eagle! So, I then begin a new litney of positive self-talk.
Once, I had the privledge of attending a "Breakthrough" session with Brian Biro. He is an amazing guy. He gave everyone in the audience a board to write on what was holding us back from succeeding. Then we would stand in a circle around one person chantting their name as they would break the board with one hand. It was a very powerful moment. Change is hard, but often it is worth it, you just have to work through the fear of it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing... communication between those closest to us and within ourselves can be a huge challenge. It's tough to ride that line between where we are and where we want to be. Hope you continue to break the boards in your way.

    ReplyDelete