Friday, February 4, 2011

BP1_Welcome to my blog!

Hello, this is my first time blogging!  I am excited about this new adventure.  I named my blog Kingdom of Possibilities because I believe in the possible!  I would like to create a blog to enhance and support the development of human potential!
I am a Librarian and Gifted and Talented teacher.  I am working with my students on helping them to recognize their potential and live their dreams.  At the same time, I am trying to recognize my potential and live my dreams!  That is why I started this graduate program at Full Sail University.  I am on a quest to improve myself and become a 21st century teacher of excellence.
My first lesson of the year for my students was to introduce them to the Keys of Success.
Keys of Success - 4 Keys to Recognize Your Potential
Education- Keep on learning.  You can learn not only through school but from the following things.
Reading, computer, volunteering, part-time jobs. Take any experience and learn from it!
Behavior- What does successful behavior look like? Show respect, appreciation, gratitude and kindness.
Social Support- Surround yourself with achievers! Remember "Birds of a feather, flock together" You are the sum total of the five people you spend the most time with.  So ask yourself, "Who do I hang out with and are they good for me?"
Positive Attitude- People with a positive attitude view stress as a challenge.  They are willing to fail forward.  What does it mean to fail forward?  It means take a chance and learn from it!

1 comment:

  1. Great advice, Pam! You have a wonderful philosophy on life!

    ReplyDelete