Sunday, February 13, 2011

BP4_School Tube

I looked and looked for what I thought might be a good tool. I considered Audacity which is a good audio tool to use in the school. But, I haven’t had much time to play with it. It appears to be much like Garage Band. I looked at Glogster but noticed someone else had already blogged about it. Then I found School Tube a place for students and teachers to share videos online in a safer environment. Wow! School Tube provides lesson plans for video production, professional development for the site, royalty free music, and images!
I clicked on the image button to check out and see what was available. One of the links led to Wikimedia Commons which had over eight million media files to which anyone can contribute. It had a pretty good assortment. Next, I counted fifteen links to free music. They had everything from African to Christmas to Happy Go Lucky.
There were also two links available for audio. One of them lead to a link of the Top 100 Speeches in America. Number one on the list is Martin Luther King’s speech “I Have A Dream.” Very powerful.
School Tube has many features. Including sponsored channels from Disney Planet and National Geographic. They also offer teachers the option to create their own channel to reflect what’s going on in their classroom as well as provide a place to keep track of your classes favorite videos. When teachers register to become a moderator for their students they have the ability to preview all of the students videos before they go live. Making this a kid friendly social networking tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment